Basics of Software-Asset-Management (SAM)
- Duration: 1 day
- Online or on-site
- ISO 19770
- All prices exclusive all VAT if applicable
Companies that want or have to introduce software asset management (SAM) often do not know what this process involves and how it can be successfully introduced in their own company.
After participating in liop®‘s one-day SAM basics seminar, you will know exactly what SAM is and what processes it involves, how it is linked with ITAM (IT Asset Management) and LIMA (License Management), and also how these three processes distinguish from one another. In a practical exercise, the participants create a software catalogue and analyse license agreements under the guidance of the speaker. The entire seminar as well as the speaker is neutral and manufacturer-independent which enables you to get an objective picture of the processes and connections in this area.
This seminar is part of the seminar series Processes from ISO 19770 and prepares you for the follow-up seminar “Fundamentals of License Management (LIMA)”.
- Definition of the term Software-Asset-Management (SAM) and differentiation from ITAM
- Main goals of SAM
- Classification of SAM in the IT process landscape
- Life cycle of software
- Contractual aspects
- Software catalogue
- Purchase and sale of used software
- Exercise: Analysis of license agreements, framework agreements, general terms, and conditions
- License managers
- IT managers
Requirements for Participation
- Basic knowledge of software- & IT infrastructure
- IT processes
- Ideally: successful participation in the seminar “Basics of IT Asset Management (ITAM)”