Basics of License Management (LIMA)
- Duration: 1 day
- Online or on-site
- ISO 19770
- All prices exclusive all VAT if applicable
Companies that want or need to introduce license management (LIMA) often don’t know exactly what this process involves and how it can be successfully introduced in their own company.
After participating in liop®‘s one-day LIMA basics seminar, you will know exactly what LIMA is and what processes it involves, how it is linked with ITAM (IT Asset Management) and SAM (Software Asset Management), and also how these three processes distinguish from one another. In a practical exercise, the participants analyse usage contracts under the guidance of the speaker and learn to assess them. In addition, the participants will be able to create simple license balance sheets after completing the seminar. The entire seminar as well as the speaker is neutral and manufacturer-independent which enables you to get an objective picture of the processes and connections in this area.
This seminar is part of the seminar series Processes from ISO 19770 and prepares you for the “ITAM and SAM advanced seminar”.
- Definition of the term license management (LIMA) and differentiation from ITAM und SAM
- Classification of LIMA in the IT process landscape
- What is a software license?
- Proprietary software
- Open-source software
- Exercise: Determination of usage rights based on different license agreements
- Development of a license balance tool
- Unused software (shelfware)
- Main providers
- How do I prepare for a license audit?
- Exercise: Daily business of a license manager
- License managers
- IT managers
Requirements of Participation
- Basic knowledge of software and IT infrastructure
- IT processes
- Ideally: successful participation in the seminars “Basics of IT Asset Management (ITAM) and “Basics of Software Asset Management (SAM)”.