Basics of IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Duration: 1 day
- Online or on-site
- ISO 19770
- All prices exclusive all VAT if applicable
Companies that want to or have to introduce IT asset management (ITAM) often do not know exactly what this process involves and how it can be successfully introduced in their own company.
After participating in liop®‘s one-day ITAM basics seminar, you will know exactly what ITAM is and what processes it involves, how it is linked with SAM (Software Asset Management) and LIMA (License Management), and also how these three processes distinguish from one another. Based on a practical exercise, the seminar participants work out an asset register for IT assets under the guidance of the speaker which can then be implemented in their own company. The entire seminar as well as the speaker is neutral and manufacturer-independent which enables you to get an objective picture of the processes and connections.
This seminar is part of the seminar series Processes from ISO 19770 and prepares you for the follow-up seminar “Fundamentals of Software Asset Management (SAM)”.
- Definition: What is IT-Asset-Management (ITAM)?
- ITAM processes from ISO 19770
- Organisation of ITAM
- Roles and stakeholders in ITAM
- Life cycle of an IT-Asset
- ITAM maturity level
- Interfaces to information security, data protection and IT service management
- License managers
- IT managers
Requirements for Participation
- Basic knowledge of software- & IT-infrastructure
- IT processes